In an effort to promote Oregon’s sheep industry and provide educational opportunities for students majoring in agriculture-related fields of study, the Oregon Sheep Growers Association offers a scholarship award of up to $1,500.00 to qualified students. The award is intended to assist with direct educational expenses, such as tuition, books or academic fees.
- Applicants must be Oregon residents.
Recipient is not required to attend an Oregon college or university.
- Academic standing must be sophomore level or above. Graduate students are eligible.
- Recipient must be majoring in an agriculture-related field of study, agricultural sciences, or veterinary medicine, with a career interest in the sheep industry.
- Applications for the next academic year must be submitted to OSGA by July 15th of the current year.
- Return the cover sheet with the following:
- Personal essay describing your career plans and long-term goals
- Transcript of all college course work completed
- Two letters of recommendation
The scholarship recipient is selected by committee and the award will be presented during the fall. The award check will be made payable to the successful applicant and the educational institution which he or she is attending.